Friday, March 6, 2009

THE RIGHT SHOES

I recently purchased a pair of running shoes. I have put this off for a year, I wanted to make sure I was going to stick with running. It was a painless task and who knew I could really enjoy running with the right support. My feet don't get hot and they don't ache for hours after a good run. Thanks to some gift cards K1 earned at work, I didn't even have to pay the shoes myself. My running has improved and so has my attitude. So if any of you are wondering if it is worth getting running shoes, I say yes do it and your feet will thank.

On another note, I am 4 weeks away from the big 1/2 marathon I am training for. I have increased my running time and speed and lowered my heart rate. I am still behind my running mate by about 1/2 a mile. I do need some tips though. If any of you reading this know how I should train the week of the event and what I should eat, please let me know. I am up to 7.5 miles, without stopping in 1 hr 15minutes. Not bad for a rookie. Only 5.5 miles away from my goal.

3 comments:

J Glazier said...

AWESOME! It's inspiring, I've hardly ran for a year. I'm procrastinating new running shoes myself, can't wait for a new soft coushy pair. Way to go!

LaurieJ said...

did you get my big, way too long, email?

Michelle Collier said...

Ooo here's some value exchange for my tooth problem. I ran long distance for what seemed like a lifetime (I started when I was 11.) I did run for the Y my first year there before discovering I just wasn't passionate about it. I'll give you as many training and diet tips you could ever want.