Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Getting serious

So after taking some time off from the normal gym routine, it is time to get serious again. With some nudging from a friend, I have signed up to do a half marathon on April 4th. This gives me about a month to remind my body how to run and not die in the process. As you may remember, I just started running last year and have done a 10k and a 4mile race. While my time is still slow, I am very nervous about jumping upto a 13mile race. I have to remind myself, that I will not come in first, but encourage myself to at least improve my own personal time and have fun. I know there will be food at the end and parametics, so that should be comforting. The kids will be their to cheer me on, so I can not disapoint. So here's to doing someting I have never done before and hopefully accomplishing it.

5 comments:

J Glazier said...

You'll do great! You'll love it, it's hard work but fun.

Holly said...

You're awesome! Maybe your friend needs to nudge ME!!! You'll do great!!!!!!

Sabine Berlin said...

Keep it up! You can do it! Oh and M wanted me to let you know we just chopped off 11 inches of her hair so she can send it to locks of love also.

Miles said...

What friend are you talking about??? Probably someone that is the best friend in the world ;)What are we getting ourselves into. Just remember our goal...just to finish. I signing up right now!!!!

Jo-Anne said...

How exciting! You can do--I know you can! ;)