Sunday, March 15, 2009

Not again



I spent all day yesterday changing diapers and airing out the house. Jansen has Rotavirus and my house smelt like a sewage dump. I went through a whole pack of wipes and half a sleeve of diapers. The doctor told me that he knew it was Rotavirus right away by how jansen stunk up the office. I wasn't impressed with the oncall doctor and was glad Jansen left a foul smell there. Jansen refuses to eat or drink, so we are on dehydration alert. We had finally gotten him off bottles and then he got sick last week with Croup and wouldn't drink, so the doctor suggested trying the bottle again, to see if he would drink. Well that didn't help than and it hasn't helped now. We can get some gatorade in him one teaspoon at a time, by putting it in a medicine cup and telling him it is time for his medicine. He has never had a problem taking medicine. The boy is so tired, but can not sleep because he keeeps going potty and has to be changed. This can last 2 - 3 days, poor kid. Meanwhile he will catch a nap where ever and whenever he can. Hopefully the luck of the Irish will be with our family this week and everyone will be healthy.

4 comments:

watson said...

Hello dear weary daughter.

I am sorry to hear about our little Jansen. Reminds me of a year ago last January when he came down with something similar when dad and were watching the kids. It went on for 4 days. But I could get him to drink his bottle. This sounds more serious. Keep an eye on him for dehydration and I'm sure our in-family registered nurse is open for consultation.


Hope you can get some rest tonight and the other two children don't come down with this. I wish I lived closer and could be of help to give you a break.

We will say a special prayer for Jansen and you tonight and call tomorrow.

Tricia said...

Awe... poor little guy! I hope he gets better soon... and that your luck o'the Irish wish comes true for a happy, healthy family!

Tennille said...

Glad to hear that he's finally on the mend.

Maria said...

Oh man, that is the pitts for everyone involved! I feel for you. Hope it gets better FAST-