Monday, March 23, 2009

It has begun


Ever since S started bringing lunch to school this year, I have written her little notes on her napkin. She enjoyed it so much she would leave me notes on my napkin to find at home. She even commented on how her friends would ask "what did your mom write today?" I loved doing this and would imagine her opening her lunch and reading the note and smiling and enjoying her food so much more.

Well, my time has passed. S asked me to stop writing her notes on her napkins. I asked her why and she said "no reason i just don't want them anymore". My heart sank, I thought I had at least until the middle of second grade to write her notes. Then as if that wasn't enough, I kissed her goodbye and she turned her cheek to me and said "stop please". What else should I expect? It is only Monday and I am so depressed. My little girl is growing up to fast and doesn't want the cute things I have to offer her. Oh, well I guess she is preparing me for her teenage years.

6 comments:

J Glazier said...

Oh I have those same feelings with Ethan. I got the turned cheek a while ago but he'll at least do it at night when I tuck him in so I'll take what I get.

Holly said...

How sad! Bria turned her cheek too until I told her that "it makes me happy when you kiss my lips"...now she doesn't turn her cheek anymore:o) I'm dreading those teenage years!

BC said...

Oh, I can so relate. So sad, so sad. I say keep writing the notes!

Tricia said...

Don't worry... it's just a phase... I promise! I've been through with 3 of them (currently Trev), but Katy still snuggles with me at least weekly while we watch t.v... and she's the epitome of a teenager right now. Of course, I don't think she'd kiss me in public. It's been a long time since I've tried.... oh, now I have something to try on her!

Sabine Berlin said...

Oh no! I am not looking forward to dealing with that, but I am the mean kind of mom that will just keep on doing it and my kids probably know that if they complain I'll make a big spectacle out of it so it is safer just to take the kiss and smile.

Jo-Anne said...

Next she'll be saying, "are you gonna wear that?" or "what car are you picking me up in today?".
Going with the ebb and flow of parenting can be emotionally exhausting. I believe gray hair and worry wrinkles are consequences of it all! :):):)