Friday, April 3, 2009

The day has come

So tomorrow is the big day. Race day that is. I have been training for this specific event for over a month now and my only down fall is extreme cold and hills. My body doesn't respond well to running uphill. As much as I try, my body rebel's. I did some light training runs this week and then gave my body a rest the past two days. I have done alot of stretching and always have water in my hand to drink. With all this preperation you would think I am ready, but I am extremely nervous. The weather here is going to be cold, with rain and snow mix. I think once the race starts I will feel a little better. Of course when I finish I will feel alot better. I still have my goal time to finish in, but may have to adjust it due to weather. Did I mention I hate running when it is really windy out? K1 has been out of town for a couple of days and is due back tonight. So being a single parent has enough stress, but I have added to it with this race. Well, that is enough complaining for today. Toon in tomorrow for the exciting results of my first half marathon. Thanks to everyone who has offered me advise and training tips.

4 comments:

Tennille said...

It will be great! (And I can say that because I'm not the one who's going to do it.)

Good luck!

Mariah said...

Gail, you're going to do awesome!!! Keep the negative thoughts away and when the race starts just start running and don't stop till the end. Sounds so simple, right?? Truly I'm so excited for you. Good luck!

J Glazier said...

It's going to be awesome! GOOD LUCK!

The Adventures of Jakers said...

Good luck! You'll do great!