Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sick and Tired

It is amazing how those two words go together so often. Our family has dodged the flu until last night. S said her stomach hurt at dinner, I wasn't sure if it was because she was hungry or getting sick. We have been trying to avoid everyone we know is sick, but sometimes you just get sick. My kids always wait until mom and dad are in bed for the night, to get sick. So S wanted mommy to snuggle her, well as you know it is hard to snuggle someone on a twin bed that is tossing and turning. So S and me spent the night on the sofa bed. It was a restless night, with very little sleep. That is were the tired part comes into play. So, S and I have had very little sleep and my back hurts from the sofa bed. S is home from school and K2 is at preschool, this helps with the noise level at our house. On top of all that, J has been very loose the past couple of days (you know what I mean) so his poor little bum is so red. He hates to be changed or have medicine put on. So we have to fight him and he screams and is very strong. Any suggestions on how to soothe his little bum?

On a positive note, we had put S to bed with a bucket, just in case. So at least I don't have laundry to do. Well at least not from last nights adventures.

5 comments:

Juliana said...

I can soooo feel your pain! Instead of a bucket, we put our kids to bed with a "barf bowl." It has such a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Dani said...

The best thing I have come across for a child's red bum is Bag Balm. It comes in a square, green little tin and you can get it at most stores (Costco and Albertons carry it). It's good because it doesn't hurt them when you put it on like some of the others do and it seems to heal them pretty fast too. Hope that helps. Get feeling better!

crystal said...

The nurse at the pediatric office told me to use vasoline instead of Desitin if the skin is broken. Vasoline doesn't sting and it sticks better so it provides that layer of protection for sore bums! Good Luck!

Tennille said...

There are few things worse than a child who's sick with a stomach virus. At least S is a little older so she can warn you if she's going to throw up. Hope you guys feel better soon!

Tricia said...

Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear about your yuckies... when my kids were tiny and had sore bums, I gave them lots of warm bath time.... it was soothing, clean, and 'aired' them out. Of course, you have to watch to make sure the water stays clean! When you do put a diaper on, though, use vaseline or desitin.
And for you? I'd say ibuprofen for the back pain and Tylenol PM tonight for the sleep! Good luck... I hope everyone is well very soon.