Monday, January 26, 2009

The BIG 5

I am a day late, with this post. Yesterday was K2's birthday, he is 5 years old. The day started at 7:15am (as usual) with K2 coming in and waking me up and saying he is hungry. I made him breakfast, but a movie on an headed back to bed. Around 8:30am K2 came in and asked if today was his real birthday? I told him yes,this was the day he was born. He then asked "how did the day happen?" I have told him the story before, but he likes to hear it. So this is how it went;

The morning of January 25th 2004, started like any other morning. Sierra slept in, K1went to Sundance to teach snowboarding, I was finally of bed rest restriction (after 6weeks) my mother-in-law was in town helping and I felt ok. After lunch time I decided to take a nap, K1 came home early and I started contracting. After about 1/2 hour of painful contractions, we decided to go to the hospital to get checked out. Mind you I had been on bed rest and medication to stop my labor for 6 weeks. I was already at 4cm and 90%, so on the way to the hospital I couldn't stop crying from the pain. (a good sign when your pregnant) When they checked me at the hospital the nurse said "yep you are going to have this baby today, and she told the other nurse to call the doctor". I was 6cm and still 90%. The on call doctor was not one I cared for so K1 called mine and he was just getting out of church (only in Utah) and would head over as soon as he changed. He got to there in about 1/2 hour, I already had my epidural, but it wasn't working so well. The doctor broke my water and within 1/2 hour I was ready to go. 7 mins. later you were out. Jan 25th 5:52pm 7pounds 4ounces and 20inches long, you weighed more then the doctor thought you would. My epidural didn't work well for some reason and I felt more than I had with S. It was a rather quick delivery, we checked in the hospital at 1:15om and he was out at 5:52pm. I have heard of much worse but hope never to experience worse.

K2 has been a joy in our family. We have never set an alarm clock since he was born. He is an early bird and always ready to go, and doesn't stop. He keeps us alert and laughing. He is quite the comedian. He is looking forward to kindergarten in the fall and is already practicing his reading. He knows his address and phone number and is already requesting the same kindergarten teacher his sister had. He says "that way it is easier for me, because I already know her name and she knows me". Good thinking. He also has his first crush, yes it is on his babysitter. She is a great girl that lives in our neighborhood. Although I don't get much down time, I love having K2.

So here's to you K2, hope you had a great birthday and a great year.

2 comments:

Tennille said...

Happy birthday, K2!

Tricia said...

Awwwwe! That babysitter adores him too, if she's the one I think she is!