Sunday, January 18, 2009

All is well

My surgery went well and I am recovery well. My face is bruised and swollen. It is hard to talk sometimes and I have alot of prescriptions to take. I have a retainer on the roof of my mouth to protect where they took the gum graph from and that is very annoying. I have to eat soft foods for 3 weeks, hey I might loose those last 6 pounds I have been working on.

I would post pictures but they are not very pretty and may grose some of you out. K1 says I look like the elephant man, but it is not that bad. the rightside of my face is sagging and doesn't move, it is very weird.

Thanks to you all for your concerns and well wishes. I may call some of you soon to help.

5 comments:

J Glazier said...

You know my #. Glad it went well.

Tennille said...

How did the trip go with your sore face? You still up for this weekend?? Call me!

The Adventures of Jakers said...

I'm glad things went well...hope your recovery goes well too. Let me know if I can help with anything!

kingwritergirl said...

I'm glad it went well. I hope you can go to book club on Wed. I had to have that surgery twice! ARGH! The worst is trying to brush your teeth... I mean let's face it, your teeth will just have to stay yucky for the next few weeks.

Jo-Anne said...

Take care, Gail. It all sounds very painful to me...you are a real trooper! :):):)