Friday, August 8, 2008

Lighter.....

I have been planning to cut my hair for a couple months now. I have had long hair most of my life and decided it was time for a change. So once I decided to do it I thought why not donate my hair to Lock of Love. This is an orginization that makes wigs for those that loose their hair due to illness. As most of you know I lost my sister-in-law from cancer last year. She didn't loose all her hair, but did loose some during her battle. I am doing this in her honor.

Once S found out what I was doing she wanted to get involved. She has asked K1 and me if she could cut her hair also. K1 really likes her long hair and was very hesitant about letting her. I had to remind him that she wasn't asking permission to get a tatoo, it is just hair and it will grow back. He finally got on board and so yesterday S and I went and got our hair cut.

My neighbor did the deed for us, 10 1/2 inches later, S had a huge grin on her face and is very happy with the way it turned out. Then it was my turn, I was really nervous and hesitated a little. But after 10 inches with the intial cut and a couple more during the rest of the cut, I have short hair. I am still in the getting use to it fase and S told me it was a little cute, K2 is not sure and J just stares at me. K1 has to get use to it too. So I will let you know in a couple weeks, but until then here are a few pictures for you to judge yourself. Don't be shy leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts.

12 comments:

Tennille said...

Holy cow! I miss so much, being stuck inside with fussy babies. Come over and show it off--it looks great in the pictures!

Mariah said...

I really like it!! Way to go, I'm sure that took a lot of courage :) It's awesome.

Juliana said...

I think it looks great.. and it will grow. Sierra's is absolutely adorable!

Dani said...

I think both are really cute! I also think that it is so sweet that Sierra wanted to donate her hair too. What a lesson of love!

J Glazier said...

I LIKE it! I used to get nervous about cutting my hair. Now I love a fresh new haircut now and then.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

How fun for the two of you! It looks great!

Sabine Berlin said...

Yes, we totally match now! It does feel lighter doesn't it? I love mine, I hope you love yours too. Thanks for suggesting this. I sent mine off this week finally!

Jo-Anne said...

What a wonderful thing you have done!!!
I love the new hair cuts, girls. Gail you look younger...:)
You should be very proud of yourselves.

The Adventures of Jakers said...

I think both you and Sierra look GREAT!!! I'm a huge fan of the new do's.

kingwritergirl said...

I love yoru hair, I think it look fabulous!

Laura Lee said...

You look awesome Gail!!! I know sometimes you think what did I just do???? But really fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Cute hair Gail! Looks great!

Michelle