Monday, March 10, 2008

To the one I love


Eight years, three kids, 2 houses, lots of trials and lots of joy. This is what I get for finding a wonderful man that wanted to spend eternity with me, despite my faults.


We met in August of 1999, got engaged in November of 1999 and married on March 10th 2000. I was 29 and K1 was 31, he was the first to get married in his family and I was the 4th. My brother got married 2 weeks before I did, my parents weren't stressed but glad to get 2 more kids married off. (they have 9)


When I moved to Utah in June of 1999, my sister and I had a conversation once about the type of guy I wanted to marry. I told her: tall, olive skin, athletic, loves the arts. She told me keep dreaming. Well, I did find all that in K1. Why the olive skin and tallness, you my ask. I come from a line of short and very pale people, I wanted my kids to have a chance at being tall and tan. Silly, I know but it just might work.


K1 is a great husband, father, son, and brother. He is always willing to help with house work (without being asked) and enjoys playing with the kids. So I hope we get at least 8 more years and maybe 1 more kid.


So on this day, I say thank you honey for seeing beyond my good looks and talents and making me your wife. hee hee...I love you

12 comments:

Mariah said...

That is so cute. I love seeing wedding pictures. You two are so good for each other :)

Hassingers said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Juliana said...

That's awesome. I'm so glad you found each other, because you're fabulous neighbors and you have awesome kids. AWESOME!! We love 'em. I look forward to more happy laughs together with both of you in the future. :)

Tennille said...

Happy Anniversary to the better halves of our friendship!

Shauna said...

You are darling. Happy 8 years to the two of you.

Shauna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo-Anne said...

Congratulations and best wishes for many more years together. Miss you guys!!

Dani said...

That was so sweet! Happy Anniversary! You two make a great couple and you have such cute kids. I'm glad I found your blog!

Sabine Berlin said...

So fun. Happy Anniversary!

J Glazier said...

Happy Anniversary!

kingwritergirl said...

Congrats!! You two are such a cute couple and you have such an adorable family. What a great post

Brenna said...

Happy Anniversary! I love wedding pictures too!