Saturday, March 15, 2008

The cupcake challenge

A lady in my neighborhood,(translation..a very smart and beautiful friend) is challenging everyone to go green and to make changes in how they do things. She is also giving away a cupcake recipe book. So this post is dedicated to that challenge and my extreme love for cupcakes.

I promise to turn the water off when I brush my teeth.
I promise to take shorter showers.
I promise to do better at recycling.

My family has already made some changes in our home. At the begining of winter we adjusted the thermosat in our home and also turned our water heater from high to medium. I also changed the setting on our dishwasher, so it will wash in warm water instead of hot and it is set for air dry instead of heat.

I know their is alot more we can do and I hope to continue to make changes. Thanks Kami for the challenge.

3 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

A lady in my neighborhood?! Why don't you just say some broad down the street. ;)

Yay you did it! Good ideas too.

P.S. I love the title of this post. It really is all about the cupcakes. :)

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I was teasing, I thought it was funny! I really love that you did this.

P.S. That was nice.

John said...

we do laundry using only cold water - primarily so i don't ruin stuff but it also means using less hot water in the house.

i prefer chocolate cupcakes.