Saturday, October 18, 2008

HI HO HI HO

It is off to Disney World we go. Our family planned this trip back in March. We have been threatening our children for 7 months, if you don't behave you will not go. As Aunt Bonnie said " it is now time to follow through with the plan". My dad and step-mom have been gracious enough to let us use their Disney points to stay on property and K1's parents are coming along to help and have fun themselves and my mom and step-dad even gave the kids Christmas money early so they could buy something they really want. (within reason of course) I hope my kids know what great grandparents they have and will truly appreciate them someday.

So we leave on Tuesday and I am looking for any ideas you may have to keep three kids busy on the plane ride their. I will have the DVD player, some never before seen sticker books and the uno game. Any other suggestions would be helpful. I know S can only do so much of her homework before she will tell me she is bored.

We are packing and doing laundry and some are even bike riding, in the hopes that I will pack for him. We have also been fighting our first colds of the season, glad it happened before we left. So as usual this trip is well needed and deserved.

I will post once we return with all our adventures and possibly even mis-adventures.

7 comments:

Tennille said...

I always bring exciting snacks to use when all hope is lost and everyone's crying, or even just when some hope is lost. On a plane with a couple hundred other people, I figure it's all about making sure no one else hates you at the end of it. Snacks, bribery, and when all else, fails, Benadryl! (It seriously helped T on our flight home from VA last year. He slept a little, but mostly, he was just really mellow. I highly recommend it for J.)

Holly said...

This may sound wierd, but get some of those pipe cleaners...(I think that's what they're called), and some colorful pom-poms! This kept our kids entertained for a good 3 hours in the car! They created all kinds of things and actually surprised us with their creativity! Colton and Micah made crowns and Bria was making flowers...but seriously...3 HOURS of creative entertainment! Let me know if it works as well for you!

Jo-Anne said...

I used to let my kids color with some fancy new magic markers on trips. A new coloring book and new markers kept them busy for a good while. Earphones and music or a handheld game always worked for my kids, too.
Have fun. I can't wait to read about your trip!

J Glazier said...

I'm with Tennille on the Drugs! We took small little playdough on the plane and they played it on their trays forever. Good luck!

The Adventures of Jakers said...

Well as you know...we took the same trip not long ago. I'll tell you our secret. SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR. Jakey had so many smarties and fruit snacks it made me sick, but it was a life saver! We sat next to a child hater! Hopefully you have someone nice next to you!

Dani said...

Lots of good ideas here! One thing that our kids loved on our last long airplane ride was that they each had there own backpack carry on with all of their things to do in it. Snacks, treats, coloring, leapsters, activity books, etc. It kept them busy just exploring what fun things were in there. We didn't have any trouble from any of them the whole 8 hours!

kingwritergirl said...

Have fun! I wish I could live at Disney!