Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Having trouble?

Have any of you ever had trouble with your appliances? How about the same one twice in 2 months? When we moved into this house there was a side by side refrigerator. We had it replaced because the freezer side hit the wall and you couldn't open it all the way. We got a freezer on bottom in August of 2004. August of 2007 the freezer stopped working and it came down to the electronic board having to be replaced. In August 2008 the whole thing stopped cooling and freezing, this time it was the overload system. Not two months later we are at it again, this time the compressor is shot. At least this time the company has to pay for it, but we have to go through there repair person. I talked to customer service yesterday and the earliest they could get to me was Tuesday the 14th. I explained that this is my refrigerator and I need it fixed sooner. They then gave me a couple numbers of other repair people to call on my own to see if they could get it fixed sooner. So I have a repair person coming today between 3-6pm to hopefully fix it. I am highly disappointed with my Amana fridge and the customer service I have received from them. Whirlpool bought Amana and the service is still bad. I have been dealing with them since last year and it is the same story every time. Then to top it off, my washing machine is having problems. i guess it didn't like all the attention the refrigerator was getting. I spend at least 2 days a week with this thing, always filling and refilling it with clothes, you think that would be enough. What does it want from me? I hope all of you have a great relationship with your appliances.

4 comments:

Tennille said...

I hate how much we depend on appliances these days, cause when one (or more!) is acting stupid, it ruins so much. I'm sorry you're still having appliance and customer service issues. It seems like every brand has negatives that you have to deal with. Yuck.

J Glazier said...

What a pain! I really dislike any phone call if it deals with pressing 1, 2 then 1 again with a robot politely tell me that my call is important. Goodluck!

Juliana said...

You poor thing! That is enough to ruin anybody's day/week/month.

Brenna said...

How frustrating! My fridge has been periodically freezing everything in the produce drawers. I hate throwing food away, but I even more I hate thinking about spending money fixing it or buying a new one! I hope you get it all resolved soon.