Friday, September 5, 2008

What a week

So, I have to tell you, this has been a very crazy week, I have had both boys home all week, because K2's preschool teacher had to go to Idaho for a funeral. Although J has enjoyed having K2 home with him, I have been pulling my hair out. They are fighting all the time, and J is starting to hit back and tell me NO. S has been a little whiny at the end of the day and not wanting to do her homework. She said " I don't like doing homework", if she is this way now, what will it be like in 10 years? Then, I finally had my eyes checked after several years of complaining that my eyesight was getting worse. I got my glasses this week and have had to get use to wearing them, but who knew that everything really looked that fabulous. (I am not so sure about contacts, but that will most likely happen next) I also made a payment to the wrong company and didn't realize it until they called to tell me I was late. I fought with them over the phone, I made the payment and I gave them all my info and then later that day I got a letter from the other company that I had a credit with them for the same amount the other company said I stilled owed. WOW..I was so embarrassed. I haven't been to the gym much this week because I haven't been feeling so well and my temper is very short. (sorry kids, I really do love you) K1 is going on a business trip next week and when he gets back I get to go with my mother-in-law and K1's Aunt Bonnie and Aunt Sandi to Vegas for 4 days. I am looking forward to the break. Thanks to K1 for taking time off work, so I can go.

Please don't get me wrong, I love my family and the opportunity I have to stay home and raise them. I live in a geat neighborhood and have a very supportive family and great friends. It is just nice to get away from the everyday things and people that are always wanting me to make, find and fix things for them.

So I hope the weekend will be mellow and that my trip will rejuvinate me enough to last until my next trip.

4 comments:

Dani said...

Hang in there through the not so fun moments of life, you are a great mom and your kids show it! I know how hard it is to have the hubby away on business. If you ever need anything when he is gone, let me know!! How nice to have a girls trip to look forward too!

Sabine Berlin said...

Sorry to hear about the week. A Vegas Vacation sounds like just the right Medicine! Hope you have a great time!

kingwritergirl said...

I bet you are so cute in glasses! You defeniantly deserve a break. Enjoy yourself! Just listening to your week makes me tired.

Nicole said...

I can so relate to your post. Its okay to be grateful and yet, still vent!!! I'm jealous you get to get away! Have a great time!