Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Camping with the girl's

As most of you know, I was encharge of planning Girl's Camp for the young woman at my church. I was given this calling back in January and started looking for an assistant right away. After months of planning and meeting with people, it came time to go to camp and hope for the best.
I left my family behind on Tuesday the 22nd and headed to Mia Shalom for the week. The weather was great, not too hot and a little rain. The girl's all did great. There was very little complaining about the cabin assignments, they all helped set up camp and even enjoyed splashing each other in the canoe's. We wore them out the first day and they were all in bed and asleep by 10pm. The leaders were a little nervous, and wondered what they were planning for the next night.
Everyone went on their hikes, according to their year and every group got lost, but all returned safely. We played alot of games, sang songs, roasted marshmellow's, ate good food and laughed alot. The girl's in my church are awesome, I am sad that my time with them is over. They all seemed to enjoy themselves and it was so cool to hear them complement each other. They worked together as a group and no one was ever left out.
While I was gone, S decided to ride her bike without her training wheels and K1 had her in her first bike race, the next day. S had a great time and can't wait to do it again.
I do hope I am given the opportunity to go to camp again. A big thank you to all that helped make this a great girl's camp. To my family who supported me and to my in-laws who helped watch my kids while I was gone.

2 comments:

The Adventures of Jakers said...

Fun pictures! Thanks for all the hard work you put in! It turned out so well! I'll miss our hourly chats and emails! I had a lot of fun working with you.

Jo-Anne said...

Ragan and I would have loved to come with you to camp! I am glad it was successful!