Friday, June 27, 2008

A trip to the dentist



S had a dentist appointment to get her permanent molars sealed. I knew S would have a hard time with this and gave the dentist my permission to use gas if S started to freak out. She did fine until they found a small cavity in one of the molars and decided to fill it. The drill scared her and not even the movie she was watching was helping. They brought out the gas and put it on and she wouldn't breathe through her nose. I did have her blanket with me and that helped some. After 1 1/2 they finished and S was doing ok. She told me later that she never wants to go back again.



The whole time I was in the waiting area with the boys. They were getting bored and nap time was upon us. They played video games, watched a movie and J even had time to entertain us with his xylophone skills.


Hope you enjoy the pictures and video.


5 comments:

kingwritergirl said...

I love sleeping gas, I had them give it to my little girl at her last appointment. (She had several cavities and they wanted to put her under) but the sleeping gas knocked her out and she was asleep the whole time. it was great. I admit that I enjoy it too :)

Sabine Berlin said...

Both C and M have never needed the gas, but I have a feeling L will be my one to freak out.

Dani said...

Oh, the dreaded dentist. I need to get my kids in again too, but I always hate it! Maybe we'll try the gas next time!

Holly said...

1 1/2 HOURS??? You are amazing! So, when is your girl's camp? Ours is in 2 weeks and I'm starting to freak out a little!!! And...just so you know, we changed our blog address to http://littlesugarlotsofspice.blogspot.com/

Jo-Anne said...

Wow, what a marathon dentist appointment!
They are just NEVER fun.
Hope all is well. Loved the video!:)