Friday, December 14, 2007

Tis the Season

I find myself getting caught up in the stress of the holiday season. I wonder if I have gotten the right gifts and if they will be liked. I worry that I may have forgotten someone, did the cards all get out, will the packages I shipped get their in time? When will I have time to wrap things and will the kids ever stop whining and asking if today is Christmas.

Last night I was reminded of the true meaning of Christmas. I attended my churches women's group dinner and program. The dinner was great an the conversations were nice too, but I really enjoyed the program. It touched my heart and made me realize, that all the worrying and stress I feel is not necessary.

I am very grateful for all my family , friends and neighbors. I am grateful for my husband and all he does to provide for our family. I am grateful for my children and all the silliness they bring into my life. For the patience they have with me and all the smiles, hugs and kisses they give.

Most off all, I am grateful for my savior Jesus Christ. I know that with him in my life anything is possible.

It is my hope and prayer that each and everyone of us will have the true meaning of Christmas in our hearts this time of year.

3 comments:

Juliana said...

See now this is funny--the program had the opposite effect on me. Completely unnerving! ;-) Well, until the first song was over, then I agree it was very relaxing!

kingwritergirl said...

I am so glad the program was good for you. i think it was that last song. I can't help but feel the spirit whenever i hear it!

Tennille said...

Thanks for that reminder. I needed it...