Sunday, December 2, 2007

Saying goodbye





On Monday November 26th, the kids said there final goodbye's to Aunt Sharon. She passed away on November 19th, after a two year battle with Brain Cancer. She was and is very brave and will be greatly missed.


Here is a poem Keith wrote for his sister's funeral.



Sharon
The world changed for me today.
If you asked how I would say;
The sun has hid behind the moon.
Or cold weather has come too soon.
It could be that I just sense
The world is somehow less immense.
With you now gone I pause, I wait,
And ponder our collective fate.
While every soul at some point hence
Must leave it’s body and commence
The journey home to Father dear
I felt happier with you near.
We all go on as we must do
And often will we think of you.
Realizing the life you lived
Prompts us all to more freely give
More of ourselves to those we meet
And buoy up any who feel defeat.
Our talents we should also share,
That all we help will know we care.
Thank you for all you have done.
You had a way of having fun
In any task or chore you’d face.
Or in your travels to any place.
Yet once again you lead us on
To new adventures now beyond.
The eclipse will pass from my view
And soon Springtime will come anew.
I will not fear the sorrow or pain
But smile when I think your name.
I know that you will miss us too
And someday hence we’ll come find you.
Oh how sweet will be the embrace
When once again we see your face.


By Kim Keith Payne
After the passing of his sister Sharon on 11/19/07
Written 11/21/07

2 comments:

Sherlock & Watson said...

I'm so glad that the sun was shining it was like God sending his warmth to comfort the family in their sadness.

It was good for the children to be there as a way of helping them understand a little about death.

Gail said...

It was a great opportunity for us to explain things to them. Although, they have been a little clingy to me ever since and Sierra told me one night that she didn't want me to go away.