Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Break

The only thing my family has a break from is school. Sickness has hit my family hard since right before school let out. All but, K1 got the stomach flu, then K1 got sick with another type of flu, (pretty sure it was swine flu). He is still coughing, but overall feels better. Then K2 and J started with the cough, got fevers, J said his ear hurt, doctor confirmed double ear infection, got him on antibiotics but the cough will not go away. K2 has had a high fever, lots of coughing, headache, very irritable and mean, then today complained of his chest hurt (he thinks). So of to the doctor again, on the way there S tells me her throat hurts when she coughs. So the doctor looks at her and doesn't see anything but a could and she gets a cough medicine to help her sleep at night. In the meantime, K2 is given a mask and the doctor examines him. He has an ear infection and the doctor thinks borderline swine flu. So he is not allowed to have any contact with his friends or people outside the home. His lungs sound good and so we have to watch and listen to him. We will try to keep him in his room and away from the others. but at this point, I think it is too late. I have sanitized everything and have threatened the kids with there lives, if they don't wash their hands.

So need less to say, I do enjoy the fact that we are not rushing to and from preschool and school and I am not having to drag kids out of bed. But would really like to start enjoying a BREAK from being sick.

3 comments:

Tennille said...

Oh no! Hope K2 gets better soon and that the rest of you don't get it.

Dani said...

I've heard of a lot of people getting sick lately. Braden was really sick last week with very similar symptoms. No fun! Good luck. I hope no one else gets it! We have been lucky so far with just Braden. Let us know if you need anything!

Sabine Berlin said...

I am so sorry. It is no fun. I was out for a week with what they thought was food poisoning at the ER, but who knows. M had it for a day, I had it for a week. I ate the whole thing, she had two bites. But no one else has got it yet! I hope your family gets well soon.